From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Multiple package instances ....". Help me understand this emerge error, please.
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 17:51:29
1 On 2014-02-23 12:42 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sunday 23 Feb 2014 17:25:18 Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >> You do realize that blind bottom posting is far WORSE than blind
4 >> top-posting (done here intentionally to make a point), don't you?
5 >>
6 >> Please trim your posts.
7
8 > Sorry for this, I wasn't being lazy. I usually do trim my posts, except for
9 > cases where I think that the original post is still of value. Since my answer
10 > merely provided a work around with an uncertain outcome, I thought that I
11 > should leave in the OP's analysis in case some one more learned than I could
12 > chime in. This would also save the OP bumping his post in case it became lost
13 > in the thread.
14
15 My main point being, in a case like that, blind TOP-posting would be a
16 much better choice.
17
18 There actually are cases where blind top-posting is the best option.