From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't run `X -configure' successfully.
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:12:15
1 --- gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com> wrote:
2
4 > Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 > maxim wexler wrote:
7 > >
8 > > --- gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > >
11 > >> Hash: SHA1
12 > >>
13 > >> Jason's recent inquiry about the alternate
14 > terminals
15 > >> caused me to
16 > >> revisit an issue that I've had for some time.
17 > >> AFAIK, I don't have an
18 > >> xorg.conf. I've tried running `X -configure
19 > >
20 > > Don't know if it amounts to the same thing but
21 > have
22 > > you tried running xorgconfig? When it completes it
23 > > should write the xorg.conf file.
27 > Well, it's obviously not the same thing.
28
29 Ouch. Not obvious to me; that's why I mentioned it.
30
31 > `xorgconfig' seems to run
32 > fine. However, it doesn't create a workable
33 > xorg.conf. The problem
34 > that I get is that it can't "initialize the core
35 > devices". Basically,
36 > it can't find my mouse. When I ran `xorgconfig', I
37 > used the default
38 > for the location: /dev/mouse. It's obviously not
39 > hanging off of that
40 > /dev device.
41
42 How about /dev/psaux? That's what I'm using for a USB
43 Logitech optical type.
48 Do You Yahoo!?
49 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
50 http://mail.yahoo.com
51 --
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list