From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: thunderbird "fixed" folders? [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:26:24
1 On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 03:47:33PM +0200, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Am 06.06.2011 14:44, schrieb Indi:
3 > >
4 > > You need to realize you're giving advice about the windows version of
5 > > thunderbird. IOW you can stop now!
6 >
7 > I use Thunderbird here runnung on my beloved gentoo and all that
8 > Tanstaafl wrote just works here too.
9 >
10 > So if it does not work for you it most likely is something on your side.
13 I see you are also not using the same version though, your header
14 says "Linux x86_64". Also obviously sometimes we see things like
15 someone installs v2.8 and their config lives through 3.5, by which time
16 the config GUI has been wrecked and the user insists what they did works
17 (and it did, in v2.8), on and on.
18
19 Anyway it's over.
20 The important information is it will fail the users who need everything to
21 Just Work and need larger fonts.
22
23 If you (or if anyone using it *on* *linux*) manage(s) to double the
24 size of the default fonts in the folder list and message list I'll
25 listen, but otherwise I'm done looking at that and have seen enough
26 of it to feel justified with that decision. It *is* only one of many
27 things I have to investigate today, you know. :)
28
29 Also, a lot of people seem to be confused about which font I'm talking
30 about. They seem to think you just go into settings and change "the
31 fonts", but those are only for the message body. The folder list and
32 message list are stubbornly tiny.
33
34 Finally, the fact that they have add-ons,. extensions, themes, and all that
35 and not a single thing comes up searching for "accessibility" or "fonts"
36 is a pretty strong clue...
39 klaatu virada nicto