From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What role does dev-libs/boost play with encfs?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 23:12:54
1 I'm probably way behind the eightball asking something like this,
2 but I'm wondering what role `dev-libs/boost' plays with encfs.
3
4 The home page indicates its something of a helper application for
5 using cpp++ programming language and applications.
6
7 The reason I ask is that it appears to be up there with kde when
8 it comes to compiling that critter.
9
10 I'm rebuilding my main desktop from scratch install and have been
11 used to using encfs for some private data... I don't recall having
12 to wrestle `boost' to the ground when I installed encfs (long ago).
13
14 I may just have been too busy to see it burning up time. But what
15 seems like hrs is just a bit lenghy for something that is billed
16 as a sort of helper application.
17
18 Well its really only been a little over an hour but I see no signs of
19 the end coming near in the present output...
20
21 I'ts not really a big complaint... I'm more curious than put out.
22 Being a retiree and lazy to boot I have the time for it... hehe.
23
24 Oh, and my hardware is not that uptodate ... its p4 celeron 3.0 cpu
25 with 3GB ram.