From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde splash screen won't show up when loading kde
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 23:30:43
1 John Walters wrote:
2 > On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 13:58:42 +0100
3 > Pau Peris <sibok1981@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> i've just upgraded kde through a custom @set, the same i used over
6 >> the last years, but this time although kde-base/ksplash is installed
7 >> kde splash screen does not appear anymore while loading kde.
8 >>
9 >> Do someone know which single package could i missed? Thx :)
10 > Can't really say without looking at your system, but you can try:
11 >
12 > 1) revdep-rebuild
13 >
14 > If that doesn't find any problem, then:
15 >
16 > 2) emerge -e world
17 >
18 > I know it will take a long while, but I have found it necessary to do
19 > this on a regular basis, especially with upgraded packages.
20 >
21 > JW
26 I have noticed that when I do a KDE upgrade and something acts a little
27 funny, a emerge -e world generally fixes it. I do wish there was a way
28 to know what needed to be emerged again without doing everything.
29
30 OP, you could try doing a emerge -e ksplash with the -t option and sort
31 of see what it depends on that way. Then try to emerge those packages
32 first to see if it helps.
33
34 For what it is worth, I did the upgrade and the only problem I ran into
35 was my saved session got messed up. I had to set things up and save it
36 again, I haven't logged out and back in yet so I hope that fixes that
37 problem.
38
39 Any Linux geeks know how to fix this sort of thing without a emerge -e
40 world?
41
42 Dale
43
47 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!