From: Danny YUE <sheepduke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem while writing ebuild
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 10:01:36
1 Hi,
2
3 As a noob in ebuild files, I got some problems while created my own
4 ebuild. I googled a lot but did not really find any clue.
5
6 Let's say package A has features B and C. They are Github repositories
7 and A is the entry, while B and C are submodules.
8
9 Now I want to make it three different packages respectively, and use USE
10 flags to control which to install just like texlive.
11
12 1) I know I can add USE `B' and `C' into `IUSE' variable, but if I run
13 `equery u A', those flags are listed but with an "<unknown>"
14 description. Where can I add some description information?
15
16 2) Only A has Github release URL, B and C by default should be fetched
17 via `git submodule...'. How am I supposed to fetch these packages in my
18 ebuild file? Download inside `src_unpack'?
19
20 Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
23 Danny