From: Andre Goessel <gentoo-user@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ext4 problem and disk access
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 02:02:55
1 Moin,
2
3 On Sat, Dec 08, 2012 at 03:36:29PM +0100, Jacques Montier wrote:
4 > As soon as i mount an ext4 partition on my second 1To HDD, the hard drive
5 > is always working (read/write) every second (even when doing nothing).
6 >
7 > This problem appears only with /dev/sda5 and /dev/sda6 and stops when
8 > unmouting the two drives.
9
10 I detected a similar behavior on fresh ext4 filesystems, after some
11 searching I found the hint that it should be part of the ext4
12 background initialisation and it should be finished after some
13 time. In my case it finished after maybe 2 hours. :)
16 Good luck ...
17 Andre