From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] /etc/init.d/net.lo lots of output ..ack
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:04:18
1 This morning I'm trying to unravel the non-clear chain of events
2 involved in the init scripts. I'm getting lots of messy output from
3 /etc/init.d/net.lo and looking at net.lo, I'm not able to see where all
4 this stuff is being loaded. I'm taling about the contents of:
5 `depend' for example.
6
7 There is a for loop that calls the function `depend' and when it runs I
8 see the output below. More than half of this stuff isn't even
9 installed far as I know. It is preventing most services from starting
10 by way of the normal channels although they can be started without
11 problems by hand and using the flags found in /etc/conf.d.
12
13 Can anyone guess what is causing this? I did overwrite the old net.lo
14 yesterday with the .cfg000 after an update but the diff showed no
15 differences with previous one. I still have previous one and it isn't
16 different.
17
18 I tried a copy of net.lo that IS different from back in Nov sometime
19 but it produces the same output.
20
21 The trouble must be somewhere futher up.
22
23 ======================================================
24 /etc/init.d/ntpd start
25
26 * Caching service dependencies ... [ ok ]
27 * Starting eth1
28 * adsl does not support the required function provides
29 * apipa does not support the required function check_installed
30 * arping does not support the required function provides
31 * bonding does not support the required function provides
32 * bridge does not support the required function provides
33 * dhclient does not support the required function provides
34 * dhcpcd does not support the required function provides
35 * essidnet does not support the required function check_installed
36 * ifconfig does not support the required function provides
37 * ifplugd does not support the required function provides
38 * ipppd does not support the required function provides
39 * iproute2 does not support the required function provides
40 * iptunnel does not support the required function check_installed
41 * iwconfig does not support the required function provides
42 * macchanger does not support the required function check_installed
43 * macnet does not support the required function check_installed
44 * netplugd does not support the required function provides
45 * pppd does not support the required function provides
46 * pump does not support the required function provides
47 * rename does not support the required function check_installed
48 * system does not support the required function check_installed
49 * tuntap does not support the required function provides
50 * udhcpc does not support the required function provides
51 * vlan does not support the required function provides
52 * wpa_supplicant does not support the required function provides
53 * no interface module has been loaded
54 * ERROR: Problem starting needed services.
55 * "ntpd" was not started.
56 HOST:reader /bk/rsnap
59 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list