From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trouble with backup harddisks
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 19:32:11
1 On 30/04/2020 18:04, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > I copied the first 230GB of that disk to an empty partition of my new
3 > system and run "testdisk" on it....after the analysis it came back
4 > with "this partition cannot be recovered" but did not sau. whether the
5 > reason is a partition table, which is broken beyond repair, or simply
6 > due to the incomplete image file...
7
8 Just come up with another idea that will hopefully give us some clues...
9
10 https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Asking_for_help#lsdrv
11
12 Ignore the fact that it's the raid wiki - this tool basically delves
13 into the drive and tries to find mbr, gpt, superblock, lvm and raid
14 signatures, everything ...
15
16 So run that and see what it tells us ...
17
18 Cheers,
19 Wol