From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: x2go and KDE
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 20:06:53
1 On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I am trying x2go for the first time. Everything worked easily so far
6 > (except x2go client on MS windows does not support ecdsa keys and does
7 > not tell you this in the error message...).
8 >
9 > LXDE and XFCE work normally, but KDE has no taskbar panel! The desktop
10 > shows up, the activities button on top-right corner of screen is
11 > there, I can right-click on the desktop, Alt-F2 to launch programs,
12 > etc. But for some reason my taskbar panel is not there. Of course I
13 > prefer to use KDE and it is the one that does not work. :) I have
14 > normally used nomachine nxserver and KDE works fine there.
15 >
16 > Has anybody else here encountered this problem or have any ideas about
17 > what to do?
18 >
19 > Thanks
20
21 Replying to myself with a workaround... It seems to solve itself if I
22 resize the window once the session has started.