From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: line wrap over in xterm/konsole
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 19:32:56
1 On Friday, 21 June 2019 19:29:36 BST Jorge Almeida wrote:
2
3 > In case it is a bash thing:
4 > Do you have a line
5 > shopt -s checkwinsize
6 > in ~/.bashrc ?
7 > If not, add it and then experiment with a new xterm window
8 > (maybe rxvt doesn't require it, for some reason...)
9
10 Thanks again for persevering Jorge. I added the above shell option, logout/in
11 and tried again on xterm and konsole, but with no change. :-(
12
13 I tried this on two different installations, both running Plasma/KDE and using
14 bash as shell.
15
16 Fair enough, I'll carry on using urxvt - one more reason to prefer it.
19 Regards,
20 Mick