From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting Photos From A Digital Camera
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 02:30:58
1 Adrian wrote:
2 > On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 16:06:32 -0500
3 > Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote the words:
6 >>>
7 >>>
8 >> I had to copy a file over so that when you plug th e camera in it puts
9 >> it in the right group and such. It has been a while and I'm not sure
10 >> you have to do that any more. May want to try Roberts suggestion
11 >> first. If that don't work, let me know and I'll dig around and see
12 >> which it was that I had to move.
13 >>
14 >> Dale
15 >>
16 >> :-) :-)
19 > Score! Being in the plugdev group seems to have fixed it.
20 > Tho I did have to restart my computer before it took effect.
21 > Thanks you everyone for your assistance with this. This list is one
22 > more example of why I stopped looking for a linux distro when I found
23 > Gentoo.
24 >
25 > Adrian
30 Actually, you just needed to restart the GUI part. I forgot about it
31 but I had to logout of KDE and back in to get it to see the group
32 changes. Sorry. I'm getting old mentally at least. Well, my body
33 ain't to good either. :-(
34
35 Dale
36