From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] akonadi ... don't you just love it?
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 21:44:06
1 On Saturday, August 09, 2014 09:00:48 PM Mick wrote:
2 > First some general observations that relate to kmail2:
3 >
4 > I thought of giving the latest kmail-4.12.5 a spin. So installed it on a
5 > machine and set up a couple of IMAP4 servers to get messages from. An
6 > account with a messages in the low hundreds works fine. An account with
7 > messages in the 100k plus range works like a dog. While kmail fetches
8 > headers and then akonadi sets off to organise threads and whatever else it
9 > wants to do the application becomes pretty much unresponsive and the CPU
10 > climbs up to 98%. Half an hour later I can get back to it. :-@
11 >
12 > Anyway, this is not the current problem. I updated mysql to 5.5.39, then I
13 > kmail would not start with akonadi failing with "mysql log containing
14 > errors". So I ran:
15
16 <snipped>
17
18 Why do you run unstable mysql with stable kmail?
21 Joost