From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] recommendation for a wireless G Broadband Router
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:34:17
1 I have a linksys (Cisco) WRT54G, which works fine except for one
2 point.
3
4 I have been unable to find in the documentation how to tell its dhcp
5 server that mac address X should get IP addr Y. I am prepared to
6 accept the deserved shame if someone tells me how to do this.
7
8 Failing the above, I am seriously considering buying another router
9 that has this capability. It is frustrating not to know the IP
10 address for machines on our home network (especially the NFS server).
11
12 I would appreciate any recommendations.
13 The device should have wired ethernet input (from our cable modem) and
14 4 wired ethernet outputs, plus wireless support, and a dhcp server.
15
16 thanks,
17 allan
18 --