From: Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: crashing X.org
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 07:33:34
1 Pat wrote:
2 > I have interesting problem. When I running a video (using mplayer) and
3 > another window partially overlap the video window the X.org crashes
4 > (better say restarts) and the login screen appears.
5 >
6 > The log is clean. The graphics card is intel i915 (or i945?). Using:
7 > xf86-video-intel-2.6.3-r1
8 > xorg-server-1.5.3-r6
9 >
10 > But this starts since I've bought new laptop Dell Latitude E4300.
11
12 I had the same issue with an E6500, and it seems that a later version of
13 the video driver fixed it. Add this to your /etc/portage/package.keywords:
14
15 ~x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel-2.7.1
16
17 and re-emerge xf86-video-intel.