From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] scp login but confine the user to his home directory?
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 03:18:11
1 Hi,
2 I'm wondering if it is possible and/or advisable to set up an
3 account where a user can scp files in and out of his home directory
4 using scp but if he logs into the machine using ssh he cannot go
5 anywhere outside of his home directory?
6
7 Mainly the intended application is a group file server but it is
8 possible that we may want to run some scripts in the account so being
9 able to ssh in has an advantage over ftp. That said I don't want the
10 users cd-ing around the machine, etc.
11
12 How would I set something like this up?
13
14 Thanks in advance,
15 Mark
16 --