From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local mail server
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 23:12:03
1 On 7/28/20 12:10 PM, Wols Lists wrote:
2 > On 28/07/20 16:01, james wrote:
3 >> (2) DNS resolvers, (?) mail-servers for a robust mail system that "I"
4 >> admin, and (1) internet facing web server and (1) internal only facing
5 >> or limited outward facing Web server for development and security based
6 >> testing. Static IP are basically $5/month from my ISP.
7 >
8 > Do you really want to pay for a static IP? I'd go IPv6 instead.
9 >
10 > I learnt my v4 in the days of 10-base-2, and I'd really love to update
11 > to punching holes in a v6 router. Limited risk, and no worries about
12 > static IPs, NATing, all that legacy stuff ... :-)
13 >
14 > Cheers,
15 > Wol
19 So, IPv6 can be assigned without payment to an ISP? Besides having
20 static IPs without bandwidth connections routed (assigned) to those IP6
21 addresses are not useful?
24 If I go IPv6, where does the bandwidth come from?
25
26 confused,
27 James