From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] desktop colors and widgets are weird after update
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 21:42:52
1 On Tue, 22 May 2012 11:59:48 -0700
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I just updated about a week's worth of stuff including an xfce4
5 > update. After rebooting, my desktop colors and widgets are all kinda
6 > weird. I've seen this sort of thing before but I'm not sure what
7 > causes it. qt stuff acts like this sometimes until I do some sort of
8 > a qt config, but this is just about everything including firefox and
9 > chromium. Is that enough info to point me in the right direction?
10
11 No, not enough info.
12
13 I suggest posting everything that got updated (using genlop) and a good
14 description of how stuff on the scrren is weird. Sounds like a
15 screenshot posting is very justified too.
16
17 First gut feel tells me it won't be Qt as firefox doesn't use it.
18
19 Drivers maybe? Xorg itself?
20
21 Is there anything in your elogs about steps to take with anything
22 related to X?
23
24 Does an X restart (or even a reboot) affect it at all?
28 Alan McKinnnon
29 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com