From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd not shutting down all the way
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 07:23:24
1 Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > On June 6, 2014 01:27:51 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > Hi. Whenever I issue the command shutdown -h now to shutdown the
5 > > system, having booted under systemd, the computer never actually shuts
6 > > down. It does stop some services, but eventually just sits there --
7 > > about the last one I see is something about sound card state and that is
8 > > all, it just waits there forever. How can I trouble shoot this problem?
9 > > There is no gui running before I issue the shutdown command.
10 > >
11 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
12 >
13 > First, try 'systemctl halt' or 'systemctl poweroff', see if that works
14 > any better. I recall getting some warning on a previous systemd
15 > installation (no longer exists) that the way I was shutting down might
16 > not be working with systemd properly, though it wasn't a problem for
17 > me (I vaguely I recall I was using poweroff and switched to shutdown).
18 >
19 > Otherwise, you might want to try some of the debugging choices here:
20 >
21 > http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Debugging/#diagnosingshutdownproblems
22
23 Thanks, I will try those and see what I get.
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici