From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: Gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Which network monitoring?
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 02:12:00
1 Hello users!
2
3 I am transitioning my infrastructure back-ends from Windows to Gentoo
4 Linux. The next server to be transitioned is our infrastructure
5 monitoring server.
6
7 Currently, we're using WebWatchBot. Its abilities that we use are:
8 - Monitoring Internet connection up/down (we have 4 Internet connections)
9 - Monitoring website (which we host on a 3rd party webhosting) by
10 searching for a keyword using HTTP
11 - Monitoring free space on other servers (mostly Windows-based, thuse
12 we use WMI)
13 - Monitoring services on Windows-based servers (again, WMI)
14 - Sending alerts to selected groups (PICs) when failure exceeds a
15 threshold (e.g., Systems group will receive alerts for their database
16 servers, Infrastructure group will receive all alerts)
17
18 Can you recommend a suitable monitoring system for Gentoo?
19
20 Thanks beforehand.
21
22 Rgds,