From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Thanks and bye for now
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 17:14:50
1 James wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> Watch him slowly convert them over to Gentoo. o_O Then he'll be back
6 >> and asking who has a server like theirs. lol
7 >
8 > Thats a FACT! Many workstation users never discover the joy
9 > of running gentoo based servers. They are really easy to maintain.
10 >
11 > If more folks ran gentoo based servers, we'd have 10x the user base,
12 > methinks....
13 >
14 > One of the largest group to gentoo is formerly frustrated Debian
15 > users.......
18 > He'll be back.
19
20 I run Debian on my server because it's "set and forget". With Gentoo at
21 home, I have to take good care of it to keep it going. Another reason I
22 didn't put Gentoo on the server is because everyone would start spamming
23 the forums about lag when I emerge -u world while they're getting frags
24 in Counter-Strike :P