From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compiling for different CPU but same architecture
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 05:47:00
1 On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > What's the easiest way to compile Gentoo for another amd64 machine? I have a
3 > i5 desktop, and the laptop I have seems to be a subset of corei7 as per GCC
4 > native option.
5 > The basic installation was done using distcc, but it's not as fast as
6 > compiling completely on my machine. May be I should not put local host in
7 > distcc configuration? (It's a Pentium quad core 2.6 GHz).
8
9 If you have enough disk space, simply use a chroot with a copy of the
10 target /etc directory, and create binary packages that the target
11 machine can use by simply passing -k to emerge.
12
13 If you are using systemd, even better, use systemd-nswpan.
14
15 Regards.
16 --
17 Canek Peláez Valdés
18 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias