From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Somewhat OT. Building a rig. Want to get opinions before spending $$$
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:10:07
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Sunday 28 November 2010, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Dale wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD 770 USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard. The
7 >>> only thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't have a com port
8 >>> for my UPS. I guess a adapter will be found somewhere.
9 >>>
10 >>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103675
11 >>>
12 >> I was diggin around for some more info on this mobo. I found this on
13 >> the website:
14 >>
15 >> Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors,
16 >> please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party
17 >> website.
18 >>
19 >> This chipset is supported right? From what I found, it uses the
20 >> standard SATA drivers but want to make sure. Searching with google
21 >> returns some old problems but I couldn't find anything recent. Is it
22 >> working fine now?
23 >>
24 > and with problems you mean hangs and timeouts with ncq enabled, ncq not
25 > enabled and usb problems, right?
26 >
27 > those problems are all solved. Just don't use an acient kernel.
32 Thanks for the info. Helps put my mind at ease.
33
34 Dale
35