From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ever since a recent update, vim misbehaves when run as root
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:00:26
1 On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>wrote:
2
3 > On 07/29/2010 08:58 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
4 >
5 > > 2) If you really really need the X-integration features, you can use the
6 > > "xhost" command to enable all users on your machine to run X apps on
7 > > your X session. E.g. my machine is 192.168.123.249 so I ran...
8 > >
9 > > xhost +192.168.123.249
10 > >
11 > > ...to allow a 32-bit QEMU-KVM guest to run an X program on the 64-bit
12 > > host's Xwindows session.
13 >
14 > What you probably want here instead is:
15 >
16 > xhost +local:
17 >
18 > then the X app is not limited to using only IP but can choose whichever
19 > transport it deems best. Of course the usual safety caveats apply. If
20 > others are on your host, they'll have X access. If you're concerned
21 > about that, then just give root permission:
22 >
23 > xhost SI:localuser:root
24 >
25 > Thanks -- that was what I was trying to remember, so I just emerged it.
26
27 Looks like something I should be able to do in my .bashrc and just forget
28 about.
32 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD