From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Confusing persistent sync problem
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:36:17
1 Wyatt Epp schrieb:
2 > Evening,
3 >
4 > Lately, for at least a few months, actually, I've been completely unable
5 > to sync normally. I'll get the following sort of thing three times from
6 > three different servers.
7
8 [...]
9
10 > receiving incremental file list
11 > timed out
12 > rsync error: received SIGINT, SIGTERM, or SIGHUP (code 20) at
13 > rsync.c(544) [receiver=3.0.5]
14 >>>> Retrying...
17 > I imagine it must be on my end, but I can't for the life of me figure
18 > out what it is. Not at my desk, but I seem to recall the syslog was
19 > empty as well. Has anyone run into this or, more importantly, a
20 > solution for this?
21
22 Try to increase the timeout. Add the following line to /etc/make.conf
23
24 PORTAGE_RSYNC_INITIAL_TIMEOUT=60