From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] using lvm without a partition of type linux LVM
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 01:51:58
1 The lvm handbook addendum is no longer and we are instead to use
2 the software raid + lvm2 quick install guide.
3
4 That guide makes a few partitions of type linux raid and then puts lvm
5 on a mirrored set (more is done).
6
7 I wasn't using raid so skipped that step and wound up with
8 one partition as a pv in my single vg and created several lvs in that
9 vg.
10
11 So far so good. But I realized that the single partition that I used
12 was of type linux instead of linux lvm as I had always done when
13 following the lvm handbook addendum.
14
15 So what, I've made plenty of mistakes before, and will surely make
16 plenty more later.
17
18 But the resulting system works perfectly!
19
20 If this is risky; I can reinstall. But I wonder if any action is
21 necessary.
22
23 What do you think?
24 allan