From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dd if=/dev/dvd of=backup.iso - DMA related problem
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 04:18:56
1 On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 20:44 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 3/23/06, Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > After following several leads from Gentoo folks (including replacing DVD
4 > > cable) I've narrow it down to problem with "dma" resetting itself on
5 > > "eject".
6 >
7 > Hmm, what type of controller is this attached to?
8 >
9 > On my new laptop, I have a PATA DVD burner, but it is ultimately
10 > attached to a SATA chipset. I could not get DMA to work correctly
11 > using the IDE drivers. The solution was to disable all IDE support,
12 > add SCSI CD-ROM support, and let the SATA driver control the drive as
13 > /dev/sr0.
14 >
15 > -Richard
16
17 That is interesting.
18 My DVD burner is connected to IDE controller and I have in kernel
19 enabled both options support:
20 <*> Include IDE/ATAPI CDROM support
21 and
22 <*> SCSI CDROM support
23 My DVD is recognized as /dev/hdc
24
25 If I disable first option "DE/ATAPI CDROM support" will the drive be
26 recognized as /dev/sr0 ???
29 #Joseph
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list