From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remote ssh session does not reflect my keyboard inputs
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 03:41:33
1 On 5/7/07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Monday 07 May 2007 16:55, Ryan Sims wrote:
3 > > On 5/7/07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > > When I ssh into a Ubuntu server certain keyboard actions (like pressing
5 > > > the Up or Left arrows) are not translated on the remote box, but give
6 > > > ASCII responses; e.g. pressing Left Arrow, gives $ ^[[D which is annoying
7 > > > as I have to delete part of the command I just typed to be able to
8 > > > correct it.
9 > > >
10 > > > How can I set it up so that my Gentoo keyboard presses and behaviour is
11 > > > reflected on the remote box? Is it a matter of copying over the .bashrc
12 > > > file from the Gentoo box?
13 > >
14 > > I *think* this is a termcap/terminfo issue rather than a bash issue.
15 > > What does 'echo $TERM' say in your ssh session?
16 >
17 > Thanks Ryan,
18 > =================
19 > $ echo $TERM
20 > rxvt
21 >
22 > $ sudo echo $TERM
23 > rxvt
24 > =================
25 > which is the same like my Gentoo box.
26 >
27 > --
28 > Regards,
29 > Mick
30
31 Ok, I may be a little out of my depth here, but we'll muddle through.
32 What does
33
34 bind -p | grep history
35
36 on each box tell you? You could also try 'set -o history' on the box
37 that's giving you trouble. (I'm reneging on my idea re. termcap/info)
41 Ryan W Sims
42 --
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list