From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Playsound . . . won't!
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:57:50
1 On Monday 17 September 2007, Anno v. Heimburg wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > Somewhat puzzled that a emerge -upDv world before I remerged flac did not
4 > > pick these up . . .
5 >
6 > That can happen if sdl-sound is not in the worldfile and is not depended
7 > upon, directly or indirectly, by anything in the worldfile. This situation
8 > will arise if you emerge s/th requiring sdl-sound, and then later unmerge
9 > whatever required it. If you don't do a depclean, that will leave sdl-sound
10 > on your computer but outside of the world tree.
11 >
12 > Anno.
13
14 Thank you Anno,
15
16 You're absolutely right, this is what was wrong with my system. I'm not sure
17 if these were packages left over from the good old xmms:
18 ===================================================
19 # regenworld
20 add to world: media-libs/sdl-sound
21 add to world: media-plugins/gst-plugins-flac
22 add to world: media-plugins/gst-plugins-oss
23 add to world: media-libs/akode
25
26 Thank you all again for helping me trouble shoot this.
27 --
28 Regards,
29 Mick