From: Flophouse Joe <flophousejoe-gentoo-user-xdzvne@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Q: cups 1.2 & gnutls vs. openssl
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:51:54
1 On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Holger Hoffstaette wrote:
2
3 > does anybody know why cups 1.2 and USE="ssl" pulls in gnutls, aka the
4 > spawn of the devil?
5
6 It looks like the following is responsible.
7 Quoting from /usr/portage/net-print/cups/ChangeLog:
8
9 19 Aug 2006; Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o> cups-1.2.2.ebuild:
10 make gnutls mandatory because it does not work with openssl, thanks to
11 Jari-Matti M?kel? <jmjmak@×××.fi> and Bret Towe <magnade@×××××.com> in bug
12 138275
13
14 Unrelated to the above, what's wrong with gnutls? I've only used openssl myself, but I've never heard anything "bad" about gnutls (except for compatibility issues, which I don't really consider "evil").
15
16 Joe
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list