From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting to grips with S/MIME in Kmail
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 10:32:49
1 On 10/06/06, gentuxx <gentuxx@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > My understanding is that these are different key types. S/MIME is
4 > typically used for PKI type certificates, not GnuPG certificates. You
5 > would need a DoD or Verisign (or some other publicly recognized CA)
6 > certificate to use S/MIME. Depending on what you're trying to do,
7 > GnuPG should be sufficient.
8
9 Thanks gentuxx. Would you know what missing backend kmail is
10 complaining about? I am using gpg-agent (which is now part of gnupg)
11 - can't his handle S/MIME certificates?
12 --
13 Regards,
14 Mick
15 --