From: taozhijiang <taozhijiang@×××××××××××.cn>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>, gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] About DELL ALPS touchpad
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 06:11:55
1 Hello, everyone
2
3 I am using DELL Latitiude Laptop, comes with ALPS touchpad.
4
5 When I installed the driver in Windows, this touchpad supports multi-touch very well.
6 I am now using the latest Gentoo with KDE descktop environment, and I also want to
7 enjoy the multi-touch functions, but this is not supported.
8
9 I installed the synaptics, and kdemsc_touchpad, when I am trying to setup the touchpad,
10 it seems synaptics driver is not loaded automaticly, it modprobe it manualy, but doestnot
11 work.
12
13 I searched Google, it seems ALSP is not very much compatible with synaptics driver, I
14 want to ask here whether someone can help me with this.
18 2014-07-03
22 Thanks & Best Regards.
23
24 陶治江 | TAO Zhijiang