From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and LUKS
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 12:32:54
1 Am 03.09.2013 13:46, schrieb Frank Steinmetzger:
2 > Hey list
3 >
4 > after the many discussions here about systemd I had a flash of
5 > objectivity (“Who cares if people rant about Lennart, the concept
6 > seems sound and I don’t care about separate /usr”). So I wanted to
7 > try systemd on my netbook.
8 >
9 > I cloned the / partition from sda2 to sda7 and chrooted into it.
10 > In there I followed the systemd Gentoo wiki¹, i.e. I configured the
11 > kernel, installed systemd, added "-consolekit systemd" to my use
12 > flags, rebuilt world with --new-use and added
13 > init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd to the kernel cmdline.
14 >
15 > Rebooting works until the point of mounting /home, which is a LUKS
16 > container. I get the message: "A start job is running for
17 > dev-mapper-home.service" and eventually a timeout and prompt for
18 > root password or Ctrl-D.
19 >
20 > The wiki references a bug report that /etc/crypttab was ignored.
21 > Well, I didn’t have one, but apparently my old crypt setup was
22 > heeded (because systemd knew that I wanted sda5 mounted as home).
23 >
24 > I tried researching the problem. One I found was a Gentoo forum
25 > thread about LVM. I found out that I was missing CONFIG_DM_UEVENT.
26 > But enabling it didn’t help either. I found files in the
27 > partition’s /dev directory, which hinted that DEVTMPFS_MOUNT was
28 > not set. But I don’t suppose that’s really a problem.
29 >
30 > Does any of you have experience with this combination and would
31 > like to share it? Thanks.
32 >
33 > ¹ http://gentoo-en.vfose.ru/wiki/Systemd
34
35 I use a crypted /home on my thinkpad ... with systemd.
36 I only have problems with the encrypted swap but /home works fine.
37
38 But I think my /home gets mounted when I login ... pam_mount ... would
39 have to check if it's mounted and available earlier. I will check asap
40 in the next hours.
41
42 Stefan