From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xfreerdp clipboard not working
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:27:39
1 On 2015-03-26, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Grant Edwards><grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 2015-03-25, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> On 2015-03-25, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> I start it, and it says it's loading the clipboard plugin
7 >>>>
8 >>>> $ xfreerdp +clipboard /u:xxxxxx /p:yyyyyy /v:N.N.N.N
10 >>>> connected to N.N.N.N:3389
11 >>>>
12 >>>> But no ctrl-V never pastes anything from the X11 clipboard the way it
13 >>>> always did with rdesktop.
14 >>>
15 >>> Um, never mind.
16 >>>
17 >>> It has started working, but I have no idea why... :/
18 >>
19 >> I spoke too soon. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I seems
20 >> to be completely random.
21
22 > I wonder if you are running into an obscure quirk of X11. X11 actually
23 > has 3 buffers that are clipboard-link in nature: PRIMARY, SECONDARY,
24 > and CLIPBOARD.
25 [...]
26 > In general, any text you select becomes the PRIMARY selection
27 > automatically. Anything you explicitly copy via the context menu
28 > "Copy" option becomes the CLIPBOARD selection.
29
30 Yep, I use xclip to explicitly copy to CLIPBOARD whatever I want to
31 paste into Windows. That always worked without problems using the
32 older rdesktop rdp client.
33
34 What happens with xfreerdp is that it will _sometimes_ work the first
35 time I do
36
37 <somecmd> | xclip -i -selection clipboard
38
39 [hit ctrl-V on windows]
40
41 But after that, no matter how many times I run xlicp -i again, Ctrl-V
42 will continue to insert the same thing (or nothing, if it didn't work
43 the first time).
44
45 It will always work if I do this:
46
47 1) Select something in Windows session and hit Ctrl-C or Ctrl-X
48
49 2) xclip -o -selection clipboard
50
51 3) <somecmd> | xclip -i -selection clipboard
52
53 4) Hit Ctrl-V on Windows
54
55 I'm going to unamsk xfreerdp 1.2.0 and see if it works any better.
58 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I know things about
59 at TROY DONAHUE that can't
60 gmail.com even be PRINTED!!