From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo vs Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 3?
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2017 16:29:16
1 On 06/26/17 04:41, Danny YUE wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I am planning to buy a Raspberry Pi 3 to setup a local network storage
5 > and try some IoT stuff. Now I am searching for some background things.
6 >
7 > Which OS do you install on your Raspberry Pi?
8 >
9 > Gentoo? Raspbian? Or even...arch?
10 >
11 > This might seems to be the wrong place to ask, but I consider Gentoo as
12 > my first-place option, so I would like to know your experiences.
13 >
14 > Thanks.
15 >
16 > Danny
17
18 Hello Danny,
19
20 There was another gentoo wiki page, that I just ran across with many of
21 your (cross compiling) issues addressed, albeit for the Banana Rasp. Pi::
22
23 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Banana_Pi_the_Gentoo_Way
26 hth,
27 James