From: Petric Frank <pfrank@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDEPIM-4.4.2015.06 blockages
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 12:59:27
1 Hello Andreas,
2
3 Am Samstag, 2. Januar 2016, 12:17:18 schrieb Andreas K. Huettel:
4 > Am Freitag, 1. Januar 2016, 15:30:37 schrieb Mick:
5 > > I am updating an old machine which does not see much usage these
6 days. I
7 > > came across this blockage, which seems is caused by retaining the
8 >
9 > > pre-Kmail2 KDEPIM version on this PC:
10 > Wheee, another kmail1 user. :)
11 >
12 > Don't despair, it will get fixed (since I'm maintaining it and my own
13 > machines are blocking too).
14 >
15 > However, since I'm really busy with other stuff it may sadly take a bit of
16 > time.
17
18 Meanwhile i use a local mail server (courier-imap). The culprit with kmail2 is
19 its bebaviour when it comes to a bigger number of mails (about > 3000) in
20 an folder.
21 Due courier-imap does not give a UIDNEXT kmail2 re-scans the folders
22 (nearly) forever - and i have folders containing > 50000 mails. That takes a
23 long time.
24
25 I use the same imap acount from differen machines which results in a
26 second failure of kmail2. If mails are deleted (there seems to exist a
27 threshold of deleted mails) - for example via webmail - kmail2 insists in
28 getting invalid mail ids.
29
30 > (Backstory, the kde team guys asked me several times if they can go
31 ahead
32 > with the package move from kde-base to kde-apps, I had no time for
33 testing,
34 > and at some point I said, just do it, noone except me will notice anyway,
35 > and if something goes wrong I'll fix it afterwards...)
36
37 Recognized the move also. Had to adapt the package.mask accordingly.
38
39 kind regards
40 Petric