From: gg <pinklotus@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] google earth start problem ati-x600
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 21:23:00
1 Am Tuesday 17 March 2009 15:45:00 schrieb Daniel Troeder:
2 > On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 11:56 +0100, Zoltán Füves wrote:
3 > > Hi All!
4 > >
5 > > I tried to emerge google earth / both from x86 and ~x86 and I have
6 > > 32 bit cpu /, and it completed successfully but when I ran the program
7 > > it complain about could not access to the GPU or the card has not
8 > > enough memory to run GE, but it has because the minimum is 16 and it
9 > > has 128 Mb :). So I think somehow the program doesn't have right
10 > > access to the GPU or it has a bug / when I start it crash
11 > > immediately/ . Has somebody the some experience about that?
12 > >
13 > > Thanks your time and advise!
14 > >
15 > > Z.
16 >
17 > I have the same problem (on amd64): using the radeon or radeonhd driver
18 > you don't have 3D acceleration, and it seems googleearth detects this
19 > somehow :(
20 >
21 > I can use glxgears and crack-attack with software-3D though...
22 >
23 > No clue,
24 > Daniel
25
26 Hi
27 I also played around with googleearth a long time and found the following
28 solution.
29 I use amd64
30 xorg-server-1.5.3-r5
31 xf86-video-ati-6.11.0
32 googleearth-5.0.11337.1968_beta
33 gentoo-sources-2.6.28-r3
34
35 I didn't get older versions of googleearth to run, they crash at startup.
36 There are two important configuration options.
37 The first ist with driconf gui
38 Disable Low-impact fallback yes
39 and the second is in xorg.conf
40 without this option everything is flickering when I move the mouse
41 Section "ServerFlags"
42 Option GlxVisuals" "all"
43 EndSection
44
45 Hope this can help you
46 If you need more config options just mail me
47
48 Günter