From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] tovid/todisc and USE variables
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:30:23
1 How do you find out what USE variables a build can have?
2
3 I recently got a new disk and reinstalled everything. Now tovid doesn't
4 seem to work and I think it's because I don't have all the USE variable
5 that I use to have.
6
7 The problem I'm having with tovid is it runs very slow and never
8 finishes. It's doing something but I don't know what. When I run
9 todisc it will display the menu correctly and after typing "yes" hangs
10 on "Checking <filename>.mpeg for compliance..." The only thing I can
11 see happening is the ./todisc-work/idvid.0/idvid.scratch file keeps
12 getting bigger. I've let todisc run for almost 18 hours and still it
13 seems like there's no end in sight. Anyone know what's happening and
14 why this doesn't work? The mpeg I'm testing with is only 30 seconds
15 long and this use to work on my old disk.