From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT router advice] a router capable of detailed logs
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 22:19:32
1 On 22 April 2011 20:28, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On the cisco RVS4000 v2.. I see no way to enter the syntax shown at
4 > the URL or in your previous post.
5
6 The syntax is meant to be used in the cisco configuration file itself.
7 Using IOS commands you should be able to set up the same ACLs from a
8 terminal.
11 > I've put a few screen shots online that shows shots of the interface
12 > pages involving IP acls.
13 >
14 > They should load in order where the top is a view of the basic
15 > settings.
16 >
17 > Next is the page showing existing acls and how they are displayed.
18 >
19 > Finally the page available to add/delete acls.
20
21 I see what you mean - this GUI seems dumbed down. In this case you
22 will probably have to get your hands dirty with the CLI.
25 > [NOTE: There may be someway to just edit a text file of acls, but if
26 > so I am not aware of it]
27
28 On a typical Cisco router you should be able to download/edit/upload
29 the configuration file from/to the router using tftp and a text
30 editor, or minicom and a serial cable if the router has a serial port,
31 or easiest method should be to login via telnet or ssh from your PC
32 using a terminal and run IOS configuration commands. The Cisco
33 website has loads of documentation on IOS. Something like this will
34 show you the ropes (although details vary depending on the version of
35 your firmware and platform):
36
37 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/fundamentals/configuration/guide/12_4/cf_12_4_book.html
38
39 BTW, your first step should be to make a back up of the current
40 configuration file just in case you mess things up!
41
42 HTH.
43 --
44 Regards,