From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] progress everywhere !
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:35:11
1 On Monday 20 October 2008 12:26:11 Erik Hahn wrote:
2 > On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 07:58:09PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > For probably the first time ever, I just had a look at that. And I'm
4 > > asking myself - why does OOo have nsplugins support at all?
5 > >
6 > > It's an office suite - I use it mostly to read documents other people
7 > > send me, and because antiword is a little too minimal. What could OOo
8 > > possibly do in my specific case that requires browser plugins? It's not
9 > > like I'm in the habit of embedding java and flash applets into impress
10 > > presentations
11 >
12 > With that use flag it provides plugins for viewing documents inside the
13 > browser,
14
15 Oh, OK.
16
17 So the flag lets browsers use OOo stuff, rather than the other way round as I
18 assumed?
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com