From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Newbie question : specific software version no more available
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:37:00
1 On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 11:37 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 3/22/06, sebastien Pastor <spastor@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > 1 Is there a way for me to be able to download somehow version 2.3.3
4
5 You can look in /usr/portage/media-sound/ecasound/ to see what versions
6 are available. Unfortunately for you, there is only 2.4.3 :(
7
8 If version 2.3.3 still existed, you could install that specifically by
9 saying:
10
11 emerge =media-sound/ecasound-2.3.3
12
13 But since it's not there you'll either have to find the ebuild for it,
14 or upgrade to 2.4.3.
15
16 > > 2 If not, anyone could tell me how long packages are kept in the
17 > > repository
18
19 Usually the latest stable ebuilds are kept. When there is a security
20 update or bug fix, the affected ebuilds are usually deleted. When a new
21 version becomes sufficiently tested and stable, older versions are
22 deleted if there are no dependencies on them.
23
24 > and what would be the process if i really need to stick with
25 > > one version which is no longer there?
26
27 If you _must_ have a particular version for ever, then use the
28 PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/make.conf
29
30 HTH,
34 There is no distinction between any AI program and some existent game.
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list