From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Find root partition
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:30:26
1 On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:35:09 -0800, John Campbell wrote:
2
3 > > After the panic I cannot scroll up to check what drives are detected
4 > > and which numbering is used. What must I do to be able to scroll up
5 > > to see what is logged to the screen?
6 > > (is there maybe a special key available, the shift+page-up and scroll
7 > > is not working)
8
9 > If you're using grub you can use the grub shell to figure that out. At
10 > least to the which are detected and numbering phase.
11
12 The GRUB setting is fine, the kernel has to load to be able to panic.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "Ubuntu" is an ancient African word, meaning "I can't configure
19 Slackware".