From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: seamonkey bookmarks file location
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 01:05:30
1 On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 20:06:01 +0000 (UTC)
2 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > The seamonkey bookmarks.html (the current bookmark listing)
5 > use to kept in
6 >
7 > ~/.mozilla/seamonkey/<###>.default
8 >
9 > I cannot find a newer listing than 2011 in that location.
10 >
11 > Did it get moved to another location? Remaned yet again?
12 >
13 > What I'm after is manually coping the bookmarks
14 > for seamonkey to another (kde)workstation.
15
16 As pk says, the bookmarks are now stored in an sqlite database, along
17 with browser history. The best way to port them to another machine is
18 to use the bookmarks manager (ctrl+b) to make a backup (within the
19 manager, that's Tools » Backup), then use the restore option in the new
20 SeaMonkey.
21
22 It's also possible to use export/import instead of backup/restore, but
23 backup/restore creates and uses a json file, whereas export/import
24 creates and uses an html file. Less info is lost with the json
25 file. But note that using restore will overwrite existing bookmarks.