From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem with openrc-0.18.4 and ifplugd
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 01:12:36
1 Am Tue, 22 Dec 2015 00:54:35 +0000
2 schrieb Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On Tuesday 22 Dec 2015 00:48:13 Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > > On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 23:55:06 +0000, Mick wrote:
6 > > > > Are you trying to run ifplugd from its init script? It's not
7 > > > > meant to be used like that with openrc.
8 > > >
9 > > > I don't have any init scripts for ifplugd. I wondered what starts
10 > > > it/stops it, and found /lib64/netifrc/net/ifplugd.sh
11 > >
12 > > It should be started by the net.eth* scripts, so you need to start
13 > > the network interface first.
14 >
15 > Thanks again Neil. I don't think this is as you suggest. I never
16 > had wired or wireless interfaces enabled to start at boot time,
17 > because ifplugd started them up as necessary.
18 >
19 > From the README file:
20 >
21 > The network interface which is controlled by ifplugd should not be
22 > configured automatically by your distribution's network subsystem,
23 > since ifplugd will do this for you if needed.
24
25 But that doesn't apply here because the "net.* plugin" starts ifplugd,
26 and defers further initializations until ifplugd detects a link.
27
28 This is what I meant when I talked about pushing ifplugd further down
29 the layer. I just didn't remember that this is now solved by a plugin
30 in net.* itself.
31
32 Don't enable ifplugd service. Openrc will do its magic.
35 Regards,
36 Kai
37
38 Replies to list-only preferred.