From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm problem -- is timing?
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:14:37
1 > Guess you can do the same, at least if you don't have dm-crypt
2 > mappings, or you can try adding device-mapper to sysinit level directly.
5 > Here's my boot sequence (from rc.log):
8 > rc sysinit logging started at Fri Jun 12 04:24:55 2009
9
10 No good. rc-update shows udev, devfs, dmesg, device-mapper in sysinit
11 runlevel. But the word 'sysinit' doesn't appear even once in the
12 entire rc.log. Another clue?
15 FWIW I stopped dm-crypt from being loaded to test whether I really
16 need it. Makes no difference.
17
18 mw