From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] invitation to gentobb project
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:10:24
1 On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 08:56:00PM +0000, Ural wrote:
2 > Hello guys. I am sorry about a bit of offtopic, but if everyone is
3 > interested, I am inviting anyone into
4 > https://github.com/edannenberg/gentoo-bb project discussion thread here:
5 > https://github.com/edannenberg/gentoo-bb/issues/102, where we user
6 > Docker as engine and Gentoo GNU/Linux as host OS. We have some ideas on
7 > (possibly) the best server and LAMP/LEMP management using Gentoo, Docker
8 > and GentooBB. Discussing the most table, fastest and secure dedicated
9 > server configuration to host everything. Thanks
12 The concept sounds pretty neat; what do you guys do different than a
13 typical Gentoo installation?
14
15 What does Gentoo do for a containerized environment? Does this project
16 include easier container management than usual? I like the
17 containers-as-services idea. If it's not hard to write/make one, I could
18 see this project taking off.
19
20 Thanks for sharing!