From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo installation -> emerge problem
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:19:39
1 On 4/15/09, Christoph Schrauth <Schrauth-Christoph@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm installing a new gentoo system.
5 > After installing the minimal system I tried to emerge applications like kde,
6 > samba, cups or something like that, but everytime I get the following
7 > message:
8 >
9 > emerge -av kde-meta
10 >
11 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
12 > Calculating dependencies... done!
13 >
14 > emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy
15 > "app-text/docbook-sgml-utils[jadetex]".
16 > !!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
17 > - app-text/docbook-sgml-utils-0.6.14 (Change USE: +jadetex)
18 > (dependency required by "media-libs/fontconfig-2.6.0-r2" [ebuild])
19
20 Could you relax your USE-flags, i.e., drop USE="doc"?
21
22 Fontconfig's ebuild only needs the sgml stuff for extraneous docs and
23 I doubt whether you really need the pdf documents created by that USE
24 flag -- especially given that you're apparently still on the command
25 line where viewing them might req ...
28 Arttu V.