From: "Maximilian Bräutigam" <m@××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gnome 3: GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE is too small.
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:12:29
1 Dear all,
2
3 I'd really like to switch to or at least test Gnome 3, but not the
4 fallback version. But that's everything I get.
5
6 Running /usr/libexec/gnome-session-check-accelerated-helper gives me the
7 clue:
8 gnome-session-is-accelerated: GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE is too small.
9
10 Searching for it in the internet is not very helpful, just some Spanish
11 Debian mailing list entries. The Gentoo Gnome upgrade guide is not
12 helpful as well and I did everything according to this guide, i.e.
13
14 (1) I'm using open source xserver driver x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel
15 with VIDEO_CARDS="intel" and mesa with use of "video_cards_intel".
16
17 (2) Mesa is built with "gallium" and it is enables using eselect.
18
19 (3) direct rendering is enabled:
20 # glxinfo | grep rendering
21 direct rendering: Yes
22
23 You can find my emerge --info here:
24
25 http://paste.pocoo.org/show/514796/
26
27 BTW, VGA controller is according to lspci just "VGA compatible
28 controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics
29 Controller (rev 02)" and the processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i3.
30
31 My question is, whether it is possible to increase this
32 GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE or not and if so, how.
33
34 Thank you very much in advance for your help.
35 Kind regards,
36 der Max