From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: tried desktop profile
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 18:27:42
1 On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:48:01 -0400, Jack wrote:
2
3 > > I just found out efi variables are not available on my new system.
4 >
5 > On the other issue, what do you mean that efi variables are not
6 > available?  Is the system purely BIOS?  That is certainly possible if
7 > it is an older motherboard.  If the system does support UEFI, are you
8 > sure it is set in the BIOS?
9
10 You also need to have booted the live CD in UEFI mode for the variables to
11 be present.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 With free advice you often get what you pay for.