From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: SOLVED - was Re: [gentoo-user] Serious problem with linode vm
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:50:49
1 On 2013-04-16 11:28 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > To be clear, you didn't rebuild the entire system. You rebuilt core
3 > packages. To rebuild the entire system, it'd be:
4 >
5 > emerge -e @world
6
7 Correct - which is why I said @system... ;)
8
9 > # Plus whatever else there is.
10
11 Hmmm... are there really packages that belong to neither @system or
12 @world? How would I go about finding/updating these?
13
14 > You're still at risk of non-@system packages having risky opcodes.
15 > Sounds like PHP turned out to be one of those. You will probably need to
16 > rebuild others.
17
18 Correct again, and am planning on doing this this weekend, *after* I get
19 Linode's backups enabled and get a good snapshot of the system in
20 'working' (if possibly partially borked) condition...
21
22 > But I'm very glad I was able to help. :)
23
24 Me too... :)